Kraken top Bruins as Boston plays another OT game

Kailer Yamamoto converted the lone shootout goal as the Seattle Kraken defeated the visiting Boston Bruins 4-3 Monday night.

Jordan Eberle, Vince Dunn and Oliver Bjorkstrand scored in regulation for Seattle, which improved to 4-1-1 in its past six games. Goaltender Philipp Grubauer made 29 saves through overtime and then stopped all three of the Bruins’ shootout attempts.

David Pastrnak had two goals and an assist for Boston, which played in its sixth straight overtime game. Charlie Coyle also scored and Linus Ullmark stopped 24 of 27 shots as the Bruins extended their road point streak to 13 games (7-0-6).

The Kraken took their first lead at 14:30 of the third period as Bjorkstrand redirected Will Borgen’s shot from blue line past Ullmark.

The Bruins tied it at 3-3 on the power play at 17:08 as Coyle got his stick on Pastrnak’s blast from the right faceoff dot.

Both teams had quality chances in overtime, as Seattle’s Matty Beniers put a shot off the goal post and Boston’s Jake DeBrusk was stopped by Grubauer on a breakaway.

Pastrnak opened the scoring on a breakaway at 5:53 of the first for his 700th career point off a stretch pass from Kevin Shattenkirk.

The Kraken tied the score at 4:45 of the second on the power play thanks to some help from Ullmark. The goalie tried to slap the puck up the middle of the rink but his attempt hit Eberle, who put a backhander into the vacant net.

Pastrnak restored the Bruins’ lead at 17:08 of the period after Pavel Zacha drove behind the Seattle net before sliding a backhanded pass to an open Pastrnak just outside the top left corner of the crease for a one-timer.

The Kraken tied it again at 5:29 of the third. Yanni Gourde won a faceoff in the offensive zone and then got to the front of the net to provide a screen for Dunn’s wrist shot from just outside the left faceoff dot that settled inside the far post.

The Bruins’ Morgan Geekie, making his return to Seattle where he played the previous two seasons, appeared to break the tie with 9:13 remaining in regulation just after coming out of the penalty box, but a video review determined Geekie had committed goaltender interference as he crashed the net and the score remained 2-2.